|The ATO published regular statistical reports for the self-managed super fund (SMFS) market. The contents of this report have been worked out following valuable feedback from the super industry.The information in this report includes:
- SMSF population and asset allocation tables:
- population of SMSFs and members
- asset allocation (break-up of assets into various classes).
- Annual SMSF population analysis tables:
- asset allocation by asset value of the fund
- membership sizes (SMSFs with 1, 2, 3 or 4 members)
- demographics (state break-up of SMSFs, members and assets)
- member demographics (age and income of members)
- total asset ranges (distribution of the size of SMSFs)
- average assets (per member and per SMSF)
- flow of funds (contributions, transfers, benefits and expenses).
- SMSF quarterly establishment tables:
- demographics (state break up of SMSFs)
- member demographics (age of new members)
- member demographics (income range of new members)